Dapper Effects mission is to help men live with confidence and swagger. When it became clear how devastating the COVID-19 pandemic would be to local "Main Street" businesses, it became immediately clear that the same barbers who align with our mission would suffer immediately. If there's no one sitting in the chair, they're not making an income.
Given these unprecedented times in our country, we decided to launch a fundraising campaign for barbers across the U.S. who are hurting financially due to the shutdown. It is true that all businesses have been affected. However, we believe that when this all clears, we're all going to need that proverbial "reset" that our barbers and beauticians provide us through their time, energy, creativity, and friendship by helping us feel fresh, confident and ready to take on our day.
100% of the funds from this campaign will be utilized to purchase gift certificates from *qualifying barbershops in the US that have been impacted by COVID-19. This will provide immediate relief to their business and their local community in two immediate ways:
1. The gift card provides immediate cash flow to the business owner
2. The business owner can then gift that gift card to local patrons in need whom they know will need some help as the world struggles to deal with this pandemic.
We cannot stress how important it is to raise these funds as soon as possible. The local and federal government help will only go so far and this is a problem that will reverberate onto small businesses long after the last case of the virus has been diagnosed.
When you have a moment, please take the time to watch the brief video which sincerely depicts how badly this has impacted our brothers and sisters in the barber world.
and as always...
Dapper Effects Team
Instructions to Barbershops who would like to apply for the funds that will be distributed by this GoFundMe Fundraising Campaign:
*Donations will be distributed to U.S. barbers who submit a request for help as outlined below:
- Must be able to provide a FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number)The Employer Identification Number, also known as the Federal Employer Identification Number or the Federal Tax Identification Number, is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service to business entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification
- Must be established as a business prior March 11, 2020 (date that the World Health Organization announced it as a global pandemic)
- Please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email should include:
- Your Name
- Your Business Name
- What City Your Business is Located In
- Your Contact Information