Dapper Effects stands in solidarity with the black community and the families of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Brianna Taylor, and the many others who have lost their lives due to Police misconduct and unfair, violent, and fatal tactics. Mr. Mike shares from his perspective and experience living as a black man in American society.
Call it a movement.
Call it a revolution.
Whatever we call it...
It is undeniably time for a change because these injustices and atrocities have been victimizing the black community for way too long.
We stand with those who are tired and have had enough.
Dapper effects supports life.
Dapper Effects supports fair equity.
Dapper Effects supports change.
On episode 2 of the Dapper Debrief, Mr. Mike discusses:
- The injustices black men in America have faced since the countries beginning.
- Standing in solidarity and supporting peaceful protests
- Respecting the right to other’s having their own opinion and honoring
- Everyone’s RIGHT to self-expression.
- Growing up fearing the police and law enforcement.
- The long, overdue need for this conversation and movement in the United States.
- The role social media has played in perpetuating this conversation.
- A call to REAL systematic and societal change, starting with our mindset and what we choose we want this county to stand for.
Quotes from the show:
“We stand with the families of Ahmaud Arbery and Brianna Taylor”
“The treatment of black men in this American society is 100% unjust, unequal, and inequitable”
“The playing field is uneven"
“It all goes back to how this county was formed and it’s foundations”
“Black Lives Matter!”
“It’s time for us to come together and make effective, positive social and system change”
Stay tuned for the next Dapper Debrief!