Join Dr. Tom and Mr. Mike AKA Audio Velvet as they delve into a barber's perspective from across the pond. Charlie Baker from Studio NINETY3 in England weighs in on what it means to be a barber, what it takes to succeed, and what he's doing to be successful during this transition the entire world is going through.
On episode 10 Dr. Tom & Mr. Mike discuss:
- Putting a spotlight on the barber community
- How has COVID-19 affected the U.K.
- Charlie’s journey into the barbering world
- How the path led to entrepreneurship
- Charlie's thoughts on following passion
- The magic behind the barber community
- The social aspect of barbering
- How each barbershop has it’s own vibe
- Plans for local businesses to open back up in the U.K.
- Charlie's thoughts on how the barber community will evolve post COVID-19
- Charlie shares some thoughts about East Grinstead, the community where he runs his shop
- Biggest struggle as an entrepreneur
Questions from the audience:
- What do you miss most right now, is it the interaction with your customers or perfecting your craft? or just the grind of building your business as an entrepreneur? <— Question from the audience (Mike)
- Do you think the barber world is going to change? Masks? Smaller groups? <— Question from the audience (Jess)
- Has this time given you the opportunity to think about a new form of social media and advertising? <— Question from the audience (Jess)
Stay tuned for the next Dapper Effects Podcast!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE SHOW: